Eye Vitamins for Macular Degeneration
MacuHealth nourishes and replenishes the macular pigment so patients can maintain a lifetime of retinal health. Containing all three critical carotenoids in a patented 10:10:2 ratio consisting of Lutein (10mg), Meso-Zeaxanthin (10mg), and Zeaxanthin (2mg), MacuHealth is clinically proven to quickly and effectively optimize macular pigment.
Now with patented Micro-Micelle™ Technology, MacuHealth delivers statistically significant increases in carotenoid concentrations and the highest level of bioavailability studied to date.
Learn How LMZ From MacuHealth Can Benefit You
Peer-reviewed research shows MacuHealth’s proven effectiveness to replenish macular pigment. With continuous supplementation, MacuHealth improves visual performance by increasing contrast sensitivity, reducing glare and protecting eyes from harmful blue light.
Additionally, by increasing your macular pigment production, MacuHealth reduces oxidative stress and injury that free radicals from UV or blue light cause to your eyes. With this added protection, your eye’s cells are safeguarded from damage and your risk for eye diseases later in life is reduced.
- Pharmaceutical grade dietary supplement
- Patented formula combines powerful antioxidants to help protect eye tissues from blue light and free radicals
- Only eye supplement that contains all three carotenoids (Meso-Zeaxanthin, Lutein and Zeaxanthin) as found in the macular pigment
- Clinically Tested and Gluten Free
- Third-party tested (NSF, Informed Sport and Supplement Certified)
- Supports and maintains eye health
- Augments macular pigment for protection against free radicals
- Enhances visual performance
- Reduces inflammation in the retina
- Protects against harmful blue light
- Improves photo-stress recovery and contrast sensitivity
- 90 softgels (90-day supply)
- Lutein 10 mg
- Meso-Zeaxanthin 10 mg
- Zeaxanthin 2 mg
A natural extract product rich in the carotenoids Lutein, Meso-Zeaxanthin and Zeaxanthin. These carotenoids are obtained from a natural source: Marigold flower petals through our patented processes. They are recommended as a food supplement to provide necessary carotenoids required for a well-balanced diet. Carotenoids are well-known for their chemical and biological properties, especially in disease prevention*.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
- Marigold Flower Extract
- Sunflower Oil – 506 mg (67.5%)
The sunflower seed is the fruit of the sunflower (Helianthus annuus). Striped sunflower seeds oil is used as a carrier by MacuHealth for the three active ingredients. The oil protects the product from being degraded by oxidation, which decreases the carotenoid content and effectiveness.
- Gelatin Capsule (Gelatin, Glycerin, Purified Water, Annatto)
- Gelatin 37.5 mg – This food grade and FDA sanctioned beef gelatin is used as the envelope for the manufacturing on our supplement.
- Annatto – This natural red plant extract is used to create the red color of the capsule. Annatto comes from achiote shrub seeds, and is mainly used as a red food coloring. Produced in South America, achiote seeds have been used by tribes for centuries.
- Yellow Beeswax
These natural ingredients allow MacuHealth to keep its product with the appropriate homogeneity.
- D-Alpha Tocopherol (Vitamin E 3.75 IU (.05%)
This anti-oxidant is used by MacuHealth to slow down oxidation of the raw material thus maintaining the integrity of the product.
- Tween 80
This is a nonionic surfactant and food grade emulsifier, like vinegar.
- Ascorbyl Palmitate
This is an ester formed from ascorbic acid and palmitic acid creating a fat-soluble form of vitamin C. In addition to its use as a source of vitamin C, it is also used as an antioxidant food additive.
- Soy Lecithin
The ingredient Soy Lecithin is widely accepted in both conventional and health food stores. It is often used as an ingredient in food products and is sold in supplement form to boost your health. Yet, surprisingly, there is a lot of confusion (and maybe even prejudgement) about soy lecithin because it includes the word “soy.” Soy lecithin does not contain sufficient soy protein residues to provoke allergic reactions in the majority of soy-allergic consumers. Many allergists do not even advise their soybean-allergic patients to avoid soybean lecithin when it is included as an ingredient on food products. Soy lecithin is an emulsifier, meaning it is used to help keep things like salad dressing stable in the bottle. Soy lecithin does not contain phytoestrogens and has no documented association with cancer risk. *CONTAINS SOY
Supplement Certified, performed by the Nutrition Research Centre Ireland, means that the product has undergone independent 3rd party analysis to confirm that the active ingredients are present in the supplement and match their quantity label claim. Only products that are Supplement Certified can claim stability and quality of ingredients for the consumer.
Take 1 softgel daily, preferably with a meal
Do not exceed stated dose