Signs & Symptoms of Macular Degeneration
Eventually, macular degeneration will cause devastating central vision loss that cannot be corrected and/or reversed by eyeglasses, contact lenses and/or laser surgery. New drugs acting on the later stages of macular degeneration have shown good results in some patients, but only to potentially stabilize the disease and not reverse or cure the affliction. It is important to recognize symptoms early on.
If you notice changes to your vision in the following areas you should speak with your doctor particularly if you are older than 50.
- There is a blurred or blind spot in the center of your field of vision
- You require more light when reading
- You find it difficult to adapt to low lit areas
- Printed words become slightly blurry
- Colors do not seem as bright
- Sometime you have difficulty recognizing faces
- Your overall vision is becoming hazy