Position: NUTRITIONAL SALES SPECIALIST
Are you interested in a position at MacuHealth LLC? We are the manufacturer and sole distributor of MacuHealth with LMZ3, a patented natural eye health supplement consisting of the three primary protective pigments found in the macula. This unique triple carotenoid formulation protects, preserves and enhances the precious gift of sight, and can reduce the risk of blindness due to Age-related Macular Degeneration.
MacuHealth LLC has operations in West Bloomfield, MI and Phoenix, AZ and is expanding its direct sales force nationwide.
Position openings in the following markets:
- North East States – New England
- New York / New Jersey
- Liberty States – Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, DC, W Virginia, Virginia, Kentucky
- South East States – Carolinas, Tennessee, Georgia
- South States – Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama
- Great Lakes – Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois
- Heartland – Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri
- Texas, Oklahoma
- Rockies – Colorado, Wyoming, Kansas, Nebraska
- Desert – Arizona, New Mexico, Utah
- Northern California, Nevada (ex Las Vegas)
- Southern California, Las Vegas
Reporting Relationship: The Nutritional Sales Specialists will report directly to the Vice President of Sales and New Business Development. Their responsibility will include building consultative relationships within the eye care community, driving sales of MacuHealth with LMZ3 and SightRisk, implementing training programs with eye care staff, and increasing awareness related to ocular nutrition, thereby helping to improve visual performance and protect patients from blindness.
Education: The position requires a Bachelors’ degree (preferred) or equivalent experience in a related field. An additional certification in nutrition, pharmaceutical sales, and/or health and fitness is a plus. Knowledge of medical sales, business principles and health care issues facing medical practitioners is essential for success.
- Minimum of three to five years experience in sales or working in the nutritional field is preferred.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal, written and communication skills, as well as a thorough knowledge of sales and business practices related to medical practices.
- Must be experienced in developing, motivating and working with others and must be able to work effectively with schedules and reporting.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize work effectively are required. The position requires approximately 50% travel.
- Develop overall territory sales plan and prioritize target account lists to effectively preserve and increase market share, and practice penetration achieving ongoing sales and growth objectives.
- Provide internal feedback, execute marketing and sales objectives, strategies, advertising, promotional programs and attend professional trade shows.
- Constant learning will propel you to become an expert in ocular nutrition and its impact on vision. A clear understanding of the supporting peer-reviewed scientific articles will allow you to back up your presentations.
- Represent the Company in a highly professional manner.
- Consistently achieves or exceed sales targets
- Organizes territory and effectively prioritizes account targets to maximize day-to-day travel and call cycles
- Actively engages in copious follow up with active accounts and on initiatives that you put in place with your accounts
- Provides reporting on time as required by the company
- Learns and works with sales systems that may be implemented from time to time by the Company
- Participates in regular sales calls, both group and individual as determined by your manager
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, marketing, & market research when asked to help develop and provide definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Adheres to sales promotion, distribution and pricing policies.
- Always conducts oneself in a professional manner
- Strong Closer
- Quality orientated
- Personable – develops relationships with others easily
- Good presentation Skills
- Self motivated
- Highly organized
- Technically astute
- Health Conscious
- Communications (Oral & Written)
- Intelligent yet humble
Personal Traits & Characteristics: The successful candidate will be a highly experienced, creative individual with a demonstrated record of consistent sales performance and good interpersonal skills. This individual enjoys working in a growth orientated, high-energy environment and has a proven track record of working effectively with minimum direct supervision. Must have the necessary interpersonal skills to interface with all levels of internal and external personnel, including:
- Willingness to travel
- High Energy
- Roll-up-the-sleeves work ethic
- Risk Taker
- Decision Maker
- Team Builder
- Presentable & Well Groomed
- Highly Professional
- Positive Attitude
- Goal & Growth oriented
Finally, our candidates will be those of high integrity with a strong all-around set of business and marketing skills and sense of urgency to making things happen.
Please submit resume to David Israel.